Most people out there think that moving across town is far easier than making a journey across the country. As a result, they tend to under-estimate the preparation required for a short distance move, and this makes the actual relocation harder than it should be. Here is some advice from the best Bay Area moving companies on how to have a smooth local relocation.
4 Ways to Eliminate Stress While Moving
Moving can sometimes be quite overwhelming. This is because it requires a lot of you, starting from to-do lists, to adapting to a new area. Fortunately, there are a couple of things that you can do to make the entire process a whole lot smoother such as hiring the best Bay Area movers. (more…)
Tips for Packing Your Garage
The garage is a difficult area to pack for an upcoming move. If you’re like many other homeowners, you use it as a catch-all. Landscaping equipment, tools, and junk you don’t want in your house are dumped in the garage.
Tips and Tricks We’ve Compiled Over Years of Helping Bay Area Residents Relocate
Packing and moving companies (like Movers N Shakers) are experts at relocating a household’s belongings from point A to point B, partly because we study our craft and keep track of strategies that work well and those that don’t. Here are some of the best tips and tricks we’ve collected in our effort toward greater efficiency and security of our customer’s belongings. Utilize these moving tips to help you make a smooth transition into your new home or office. (more…)
How NOT to Get Overwhelmed as You Prepare to Move, Pack & Relocate!
Most people can tell at least one moving horror story. However, with the right preparation, moving to a new home doesn’t have to be stressful. Follow these tips for a pain-free moving experience. (more…)
Overwhelmed with Packing and Moving ? Check out these helpful pointers
Moving to a new house is a big step that can be both exciting and terrifying. Here are 10 simple tips to minimize your stress and maximize your enjoyment of the process:
- Plan ahead. The best professional movers and packers can often be booked months in advance. Call early to secure appropriate and cost effective professional help.
- Shop around. But make sure you understand what the pricing includes. Also know that pricing can change from season to season and location to location.
- Don’t forget insurance. If your movers don’t have enough insurance, you may end up paying to replace any items broken during the move.
- Remember the pets. Think about where your pets will fit in your car during the move. Bring food, water, and bedding for your pets; be sure to give them time to acclimate.
- Let the moving company know if something is very valuable. Is that’s a real Rembrandt painting hanging on the wall? The packers and movers need to know that, so they can crate it and insure it.
- Have a backup plan. Pack a suitcase with clothes (and your laptop, toiletries, etc.) in case your household good get held up.
- Security. Keep things locked up. Thieves prey on people moving.
- “I can’t find it.” Make sure you have everything labeled and know where the important things are packed, so you can find and unpack them first on arrival.
- Secure everything. If you’re moving yourself, ensure there’s no chance of items falling over and breaking. Sounds obvious, but you’d be surprised how much damage can occur from things moving around. Tie down everything.
- Use our FREE detailed moving checklist.
Need Help Moving?
Contact Our Professional Bay Area Moving Team Today
Call Movers N Shakers toll free at 1-877-797-4253 for a free moving estimate.
Long distance and local Bay Area moves are all welcomed. We have tractor trailers and small vans too.