Moving Long Distance? Follow These Tips.
If someone says that moving is stressful, they’d be correct. And yet, moving is essentially a fact of life. On average, Americans move over 11 times during their lifetime and 31 million Americans moved in 2019. Of that number, about 3 million people made an interstate move. That’s a whole lotta moving going on. When facing a move, especially a long distance move, don’t fret, just call experienced Bay Area long distance moving companies.
Why is Moving Stressful?
Bottom line, it isn’t about simply moving boxes, it is about moving and changing lives. Moving is stressful because there are a lot of things to think about at the same time. That includes thinking about leaving friends, work associations, familiar doctors, and schools. And, thinking about what you’ll face in a new location. People who are moving think about protecting their possessions because something might get damaged. They think about what could happen unexpectedly. And there are a lot of tasks to handle. Just take some deep breaths, have a positive outlook, and know that qualified Bay Area long distance movers can help lower the stress considerably.
How to Reduce Long Distance Moving Stress
Here are some important things you can do to reduce the natural stress of moving:
- Plan the move as far in advance as possible to give you and your loved ones plenty of time to accomplish what you need to do. Choose move dates that will be most advantageous to you.
- Research potential Bay Area long distance moving companies to select the one that will provide a dependable high-quality and affordable moving experience on both ends of the move. Review potential Bay Area mover quotes to select your best mover.
- Develop a moving plan including a good to-do list so you don’t miss any important details.
- Determine the personal items that you’ll need to take with you and keep those items separate. Also, take the opportunity to discard any items that you don’t need so you don’t have to pay for unnecessary weight. Donate or discard those items before you move.
- Organize as you prepare for packing and loading day. Know what rooms you will plan to move into to make the unpacking clear and well-organized.
- Don’t pack liquids or perishables.
- Secure important documents.
- Check the packing inventory before the movers leave.
Choose Experienced Bay Area Long Distance Movers
Contact Movers N’ Shakers Worldwide Moving Experts for a quote. We are leaders in moving and storage since 1997 for expert household packing and residential moving. Our moving crew members are CPM (Certified ProMover) trained and qualified.