Overwhelmed with Packing and Moving ? Check out these helpful pointers
Moving to a new house is a big step that can be both exciting and terrifying. Here are 10 simple tips to minimize your stress and maximize your enjoyment of the process:
- Plan ahead. The best professional movers and packers can often be booked months in advance. Call early to secure appropriate and cost effective professional help.
- Shop around. But make sure you understand what the pricing includes. Also know that pricing can change from season to season and location to location.
- Don’t forget insurance. If your movers don’t have enough insurance, you may end up paying to replace any items broken during the move.
- Remember the pets. Think about where your pets will fit in your car during the move. Bring food, water, and bedding for your pets; be sure to give them time to acclimate.
- Let the moving company know if something is very valuable. Is that’s a real Rembrandt painting hanging on the wall? The packers and movers need to know that, so they can crate it and insure it.
- Have a backup plan. Pack a suitcase with clothes (and your laptop, toiletries, etc.) in case your household good get held up.
- Security. Keep things locked up. Thieves prey on people moving.
- “I can’t find it.” Make sure you have everything labeled and know where the important things are packed, so you can find and unpack them first on arrival.
- Secure everything. If you’re moving yourself, ensure there’s no chance of items falling over and breaking. Sounds obvious, but you’d be surprised how much damage can occur from things moving around. Tie down everything.
- Use our FREE detailed moving checklist.
Need Help Moving?
Contact Our Professional Bay Area Moving Team Today
Call Movers N Shakers toll free at 1-877-797-4253 for a free moving estimate.
Long distance and local Bay Area moves are all welcomed. We have tractor trailers and small vans too.
Bay Area Moving and Packing Tips
Getting ready to move into a new home can be an exciting and overwhelming time. Whether you’re moving a couple of blocks down or across the country to (or from) the Bay Area, you want to save time and hassle organizing and packing your possessions. (more…)
Tips for Moving to the Best City for You and Your Family
Perhaps your company is transferring you to Bay Area, or maybe you made a romantic connection that’s lured you to the Golden State. Before you invest in a moving and packing service, however, you want to pick your final destination. What city should you choose? What parameters can help you make the decision? (more…)