If you are searching for Bay Area moving companies, you are likely planning a move to this desirable location. San Francisco is an iconic destination for many reasons. The surrounding region, known as the San Francisco Bay Area (or just called the Bay Area), is equally as unique. As you plan your relocation, here are several benefits and useful tips worth pondering. (more…)
Bay Area Storage Solutions – Should You Go Portable?
When it comes to Bay Area storage solutions, you usually have two options when you’re moving to a new home. One is to rent a storage unit for your belongings, while the other is to rent a storage container. Portable storage containers have become a popular option for those who need a place to store their belongings while they prepare for a move. portable storage units can also be delivered directly to your new home, making them a combination of a storage unit and a moving truck. (more…)
There’s a Lot to Love About Santa Clara – Moving Companies
As a Santa Clara moving company, we definitely have a soft spot for Santa Clara, CA. It’s a great place to live for many reasons, but it is admittedly not for everyone. If you’re considering a move to Santa Clara, it’s best to take a look at the pros and cons of living here. (more…)
Overwhelmed with Packing and Moving ? Check out these helpful pointers
Moving to a new house is a big step that can be both exciting and terrifying. Here are 10 simple tips to minimize your stress and maximize your enjoyment of the process:
- Plan ahead. The best professional movers and packers can often be booked months in advance. Call early to secure appropriate and cost effective professional help.
- Shop around. But make sure you understand what the pricing includes. Also know that pricing can change from season to season and location to location.
- Don’t forget insurance. If your movers don’t have enough insurance, you may end up paying to replace any items broken during the move.
- Remember the pets. Think about where your pets will fit in your car during the move. Bring food, water, and bedding for your pets; be sure to give them time to acclimate.
- Let the moving company know if something is very valuable. Is that’s a real Rembrandt painting hanging on the wall? The packers and movers need to know that, so they can crate it and insure it.
- Have a backup plan. Pack a suitcase with clothes (and your laptop, toiletries, etc.) in case your household good get held up.
- Security. Keep things locked up. Thieves prey on people moving.
- “I can’t find it.” Make sure you have everything labeled and know where the important things are packed, so you can find and unpack them first on arrival.
- Secure everything. If you’re moving yourself, ensure there’s no chance of items falling over and breaking. Sounds obvious, but you’d be surprised how much damage can occur from things moving around. Tie down everything.
- Use our FREE detailed moving checklist.
Need Help Moving?
Contact Our Professional Bay Area Moving Team Today
Call Movers N Shakers toll free at 1-877-797-4253 for a free moving estimate.
Long distance and local Bay Area moves are all welcomed. We have tractor trailers and small vans too.
Bay Area Moving and Packing Tips
Getting ready to move into a new home can be an exciting and overwhelming time. Whether you’re moving a couple of blocks down or across the country to (or from) the Bay Area, you want to save time and hassle organizing and packing your possessions. (more…)
Tips for Moving to the Best City for You and Your Family
Perhaps your company is transferring you to Bay Area, or maybe you made a romantic connection that’s lured you to the Golden State. Before you invest in a moving and packing service, however, you want to pick your final destination. What city should you choose? What parameters can help you make the decision? (more…)