Tips On Packing Your Garage
If you plan on packing yourself, Movers N Shakers offers these tips for packing the garage:
Packing household items in preparation for a move is a huge undertaking and, for this reason, many people choose to hire a packing company. Do-it-yourselfers often leave the garage pack for last, a mistake they later regret.
- Prioritize it. If you are like most homeowners, you use this space for storage, and it will need extra attention.
- Have all needed packing supplies on hand. These include: boxes, bubble wrap, moving blankets, small plastic, resealable bags, and colored markers.
- Sort through your belongings. Save yourself time and hassle by creating four piles of stuff – keep, give away, sell, throw away – and manage them accordingly.
- Identify which things legally can’t be moved, and make alternate arrangements. Items such as fuel, oils, paint and paint thinners, propane tanks, chemicals, car batteries and cleaning supplies are considered dangerous, and your moving company is not allowed to pack or transport them.
- Make a box of small hand tools such as screwdrivers, a hammer, pliers, etc. and keep them in your house. You will probably need these during your move, so don’t pack them away.
- Pack sharp tools by wrapping them in layers of paper and placing them in a strong cardboard box. Remember that tools are heavy, so don’t overload the boxes.
- Group long-handled gardening tools together, and tape or tie the handles. Use a blanket to protect them and the things around them during the move.
- Use original packing boxes or blankets for power tools, and be sure to drain them of their fuel before the move.
- Photograph items before and after disassembly so you know how to put them back together.
- Label all boxes.
Movers N Shakers is your worldwide moving expert.
Our trained staff can pack, store, and move your residential or business items safely from Point A to Point B, wherever that may be. Call us at 877-797-4253 or use our convenient online form for a free quote.