Moving can be a new and exciting experience for children if you prepare them properly!
With these steps, you can ease the insecure feelings some children experience when removed from familiar surroundings.
- Talk to them about the plan well in advance.
- Explain reasons for moving with a positive approach.
- Set up a Question & Answer session, depending on age.
- Let children participate – creates responsibility and eliminates fears.
- Have fun stickers, markers and cool tape on hand to let your kids decorate their moving boxes.
- Make the moving trip fun. Plan small adventures like stopping at an attraction along the way.
- Describe new community in a positive manner; highlight exciting opportunities.
- Ease your stress and make it easy by hiring Movers N’ Shakers Worldwide, Inc.
- Plan a fun activity for the arrival.
Suggested items to bring along with you:
- Favorite toys/games
- Learning material
- Comfortable clothing and bedding
- Favorite snacks
- Suitable clothing,
- Favorite cuddle toy
- Diaper or utility bag
- Baby food, formula, fruit juice, water and a cap opener
- Baby Toiletries, lotion
- First-Aid kit
- Safety-approved infant car seat
- Dog/cat carrier/cage
- Leash, blanket/bed
- Favorite toys
- Pet medications
- Phone Number for Vets…(Search vets along your route of travel